CalNonprofits launches the Nonprofit Overhead Project
Everybody’s talking about nonprofit overhead. Now CalNonprofits is doing something about it. CalNonprofits is pleased to announce the launch of a multicomponent initiative to change how we all think about overhead.
The initiative — the Nonprofit Overhead Project — will leverage millions of flexible dollars for nonprofits in California and elsewhere by changing government reimbursement rates, foundation grants and donor analyses. Components include:
- Working with state and county governments for full implementation of the new Office of Management and Budget Uniform Guidance on indirect costs;
- Engaging foundations and nonprofits in discussions of restricted and overhead funding;
- Giving nonprofits a Nonprofit Overhead Toolkit for accounting for overhead, managing indirect cost rates, and business model analysis;
- Equipping nonprofits to be effective advocates on overhead;
- Developing a forum for provocative new thought leadership to emerge.
Partners on the Nonprofit Overhead Project include California Strategies, the Nonprofit Finance Fund, the Weingart Foundation, the California Wellness Foundation, the National Council of Nonprofits and others. Key partners in working with philanthropy are Northern California Grantmakers, San Diego Grantmakers, and Southern California Grantmakers. CalNonprofits will be convening a statewide leadership task force to help guide the effort.
Stay tuned — there will be much more to come!
Contact Nancy Berlin, CalNonprofits Policy Director, at email@example.com